About Wellbeing and Counselling Services
Our friendly team provides a range of specialised support services and resources to enhance individual health and wellbeing.
The Wellbeing and Counselling Services (WACS) is committed to provide a safe, culturally appropriate and inclusive service for all students, regardless of their ethnicity, faith, disability, sexuality or gender identity. Free and confidential to students, available services include:
- Up to six sessions of individual counselling per year. Zoom and phone consultations available.
- Referral to support services who can help with improving your mental health and wellbeing.
- Assistance with Special Consideration and Bursary applications.
- Group sessions or Classroom Information sessions.
- Information and referral to services who can help with accommodation and legal issues, etc.
- Second hand uniform and equipment.
Wellbeing Liaison Officer - Lily Reed
Building C, Level 2, Room 206
Counsellors – Marion Miller and Tanya Rae
Building C, Level 2, Rooms 205 and 207
- Drop-in times: 9:00am – 4:00pm - Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday.
- Drop-in times: 9:00am – 12:00pm - Thursday.
The Wellbeing and Counselling Services are closed on Thursday afternoons. Please call or email us and the Officer will get back to you on alternative days during those weeks
Phone: (03) 9606 2210
I Need Help Now
Our service is unable to provide 24 hour crisis support. If at any time you need immediate assistance, please contact the following 24-hours services:
- Lifeline 13 11 14
- Safe Steps (Family Violence Support): 1800 015 188
- Homelessness Crisis Line: 1800 627 727
- Mental Health Triage (Adults): 1300 874 243
- Mental Health Triage (Youth): 1800 888 320
- Sexual Assault Crisis Line - 1800 806 292
If at any time you're concerned about your safety or the safety of somebody else, please call emergency services on ‘000’.